Welcome to the latest electronic version of our Education Matters newsletter – a newsletter for parents and guardians of students in the Halton District School Board. Education Matters is our opportunity to share great stories, interesting news and updates on what’s happening at the Halton District School Board.
What’s inside our latest edition?
· Acton High School’s Foundations program gets students on solid footing through college partnership
· Brant Hills Public School pen pal program teaches students more than just about relationships
· Brookdale Public School’s butterfly garden an oasis of learning opportunities
· HDSB Student Trustees return for second term
· Library Services helps students stay engaged during the summer· Trailhead program helps students forge a trail for environmental stewardship
· Munn’s Public School points the camera on math instruction
· Parent Involvement Committee conference in October 2015 focuses on power of relationships
· Stewarttown Public School encourages students to take a lead and talk about vital subjects
Are there other stories you would like to see covered in Education Matters? Please feel free to contact us at EducationMatters@hdsb.ca.
Let us know of any other suggestions for improvement.
We hope you enjoy Education Matters.
PAST ISSUE: Spring 2015 issue