Welcome to the latest electronic version of our Education Matters newsletter – a newsletter for parents and guardians of students in the Halton District School Board. Education Matters is our opportunity to share great stories, interesting news and updates on what’s happening at the Halton District School Board.
What’s inside our latest edition?
· A new M.M. Robinson High School native studies art course has many excited · Computer coding at River Oaks Public School integrates important subjects
· First-of-its-kind ‘active’ classroom at Milton District High School has energized student learning
· Flipped classroom provides students with creative learning opportunity
· Outdoor hands-on learning is the focus of the Bronte Creek Project
· Park Public School cultivates inclusion with introduction of the Buddy Bench
· PIC 2014 a big success as hundreds attend event in Oakville
· REACH program provides mental health and academic support
· Reading Buddies partnership unites elementary and secondary students
Are there other stories you would like to see covered in Education Matters? Please feel free to contact us at EducationMatters@hdsb.ca.
Let us know of any other suggestions for improvement.
We hope you enjoy Education Matters.
June 2014 issue
Spring 2014 issue
Fall 2013 issue