The Halton District School Board is recruiting for the position of Casual Caretaker/Custodian. The Board requires the following documentation as part of your application package:
The preferred candidate for the position of Casual Caretaker will possess a minimum of one or more of the following qualifications:
- Valid Drivers License
- Reliable vehicle as you will be required to work at various sites within the region of Halton and the jurisdiction of the Halton District School Board (Burlington, Oakville, Acton, Georgetown and Milton)
- Ability to work alone or in a team setting
- Able to work the afternoon shift 3:30 p.m. to midnight Monday to Friday
- Physically fit to allow you to lift on average 20lbs on occasion 50 lbs; bending; walking; standing; climbing ladders and stairs;
- Commercial or Industrial cleaning experience
- Secondary School Diploma
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in the English language
Prior to an applicant being accepted for this position, he/she will be required to demonstrate to the “School Board” that he/she has the physical capability to perform the essential physical duties of the job. Potential employment candidates must agree to complete a Post Offer Screen performed via a Service Provider contracted by the School Board. The Post Offer Screen may include the following:
• Disclose pertinent medical history
• Perform a musculoskeletal screen with a Regulated Health Professional
• Perform strength and endurance testing including:
• Low lifting (floor to waist)
• Mid lifting (waist to shoulder)
• High lifting (above shoulder)
• Hand grip (bilateral)
• Pinch grip (bilateral)
• Forward reach
• Overhead reach
• Resting blood pressure
All job offers will be conditional on the candidate passing all components of this test. Results of testing will not be disclosed during the Post Offer Screen. The Board is notified whether the applicant is declared "Fit" or "Not Fit" only, no detailed results are given to the Board.
Note: There will be no contract of service with the HDSB prior to the candidate’s completion of and passing the requirements of the physical testing.
Please apply directly to www.applytoeducation.com under the Job Category "ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.", Position "Casual Caretaker", Job Code "2187645".
You will receive confirmation from Apply to Education via email indicating that you have successfully submitted your application.
Resumes that are submitted directly to Human Resources will not be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
Anyone offered a position with the Halton District School Board would be required to provide the Board with a Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within six months).
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Halton District School Board recognizes for students and staff the principles and intents contained in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Ontario Human Rights Code for the Province of Ontario, believes that every person has a right to equitable treatment with respect to the educational process, or service and employment within the Halton District School Board without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status or disability. We will make any reasonable accommodations, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process. We will provide employment accommodations (i.e. an accessible location) if we are advised of an applicant’s needs in advance of any part of the selection process.