HALTON DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
M.A.S.S. NOTICE OF VACANCY
Position: Attendance Support Officer (under review)
Salary Range: $55,034 – $65,516 – Band 4 (under review)
Location: Human Resources, J. W. Singleton Education Centre
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week, 12 months/year
Effective Date: Immediately
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Health and Wellness Services, the Attendance Support Officer is responsible for the facilitation and consistent delivery of the Attendance Support Program (ASP). The focus of this position is to provide feedback to employees about their attendance performance and to provide support to employees who are demonstrating difficulty in attending work regularly. Additionally, this role will act as the primary subject matter expert for Attendance Support Program.
- Ensures Attendance Management (AM) procedure remains current and aligned with legislative changes and changes in collective agreements.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and communicating any changes to AM program to all employees (i.e. documentation, FAQ’s, brochures).
- Reviews trends, issues, successes of program to measure effectiveness.
- Contributes to a proactive approach to productivity and wellness in the workplace.
- Serves as a resource for all employees to provide support as needed to reduce and manage absences.
- Works collaboratively with disability management and Human Resources managers ensuring compliance with contractual and legislative obligations, policies and procedures.
- Extracts and analyzes aggregated data to identify information about employee groups and attendance to support employees maintain regular attendance.
- Coordinates compilation of monthly and quarterly statistics and graphical analysis of attendance data.
- Schedules and facilitates attendance support meetings with supervisors, employees and union to discuss supports, interventions if necessary to assist employees attend work regularly.
- Refers employee to appropriate Board personnel, as needed, such as Disability Management staff should workplace accommodations be necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Diploma in Human Resources or related discipline or combination of education and/or work experience.
- Certificate in Disability Management/Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Worker or combination of education and work experience in related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or work experience in implementation of Attendance Support Program.
- Sound working knowledge of Human Rights legislation, AODA, ESA, and other relevant legislations, as well as knowledge of local organizations offering support and services to staff.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, absence tracking and reporting methods
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent data analysis ability and familiarity with computerized absence tracking and reporting methods.
- Ability to work independently, as well as an effective team member.
- Ability to plan and organize accurate details and tasks in a timely, efficient and effective manner, while handling a multitude of issues in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a large unionized public sector environment is preferred.
- Experience working with employee wellness and attendance initiatives is preferred.
Applications, along with your resume and other supporting documents must be submitted through Apply to Education – www.applytoeducation.com by Friday, March 2, 2018 at 4:00 PM
Job Category: MASS (Management & Professionals)/OCTU - Job Code #2502704
We thank all applicants for their interest in opportunities with the Halton District School Board. Contact will only be made with those who are shortlisted for an interview.
The Halton District School Board recognizes for students and staff the principles and intents contained in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Ontario Human Rights Code for the Province of Ontario, believes that every person has a right to equitable treatment with respect to the educational process, or service and employment within the Halton District School Board without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status or disability. We will make any reasonable accommodations, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process. We will also provide employment accommodations (i.e. an accessible location) if we are advised of an applicant’s needs in advance of any part of the selection process.
External Candidates hired to the Halton District School Board must provide a valid Criminal Background Check with vulnerable sector screening prior to beginning employment.
Note: First consideration for posted vacancies will be given to qualified applicants from the employee group in which the vacancy occurred. If no member from the employee group is qualified, consideration will be given to applicants from other employee groups who have applied for the posted vacancy within the designated timelines. MASS/OCTU - five (5) days. All applicants must submit a current resume and covering letter. Human Resources should receive this information by the closing date for the Job Posting.
Applications submitted directly to Human Resources Department will not be processed.