The Halton District School Board will host open houses in March and April for students to select, at no cost, donated formal wear for upcoming prom or graduation celebrations.
Called Fashion Forward
, students will have the opportunity to view and try on formal wear in a friendly and welcoming environment. Students may select from a variety of new and gently-used attire that has been donated for proms, graduations and other special events. There are many different styles, colours and sizes of formal dresses available as well as suits, shirts, ties and shoes.
The dates to browse for formal wear are:
- Saturday, March 25 - 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at New Street Education Centre (3250 New Street, Burlington)
*An opportunity is available for gender diverse youth who would prefer a more private shopping experience between the hours of 10-11 a.m. on this day
- Monday, April 17 - 2:30 - 6:30 p.m. at Elsie MacGill Secondary School (1410 Bronte St S, Milton)
- Thursday, April 20 - 2:30 - 6:30 p.m. at Elsie MacGill Secondary School (1410 Bronte St S, Milton)
Donations of clean, current styled formal wear, such as party dresses, formal gowns, formal suits, dress shirts, ties, footwear and accessories can be dropped off at various locations before March 3, 2023:Oakville:
- Garth Webb Secondary School (2820 Westoak Trails Blvd)
- Falgarwood Public School (1385 Gainsborough Dr)
- Charles R. Beaudoin Public School (4313 Clubview Dr)
- M.M. Robinson High School (2425 Upper Middle Rd)
- Dr. Frank J. Hayden Secondary School (3040 Tim Dobbie Dr)
- Gary Allan - Halton Hills (96 Guelph St, Georgetown)
- Acton High School (21 Cedar Rd, Acton)
- Ohana Family Salon & Boutique (238B Main St. E., Milton)
- MiltonBackDoc (345 Steeles Ave. E., Milton)
Students are required to bring student identification to the open house they attend.
For additional information, contact:
Danielle Dunlop, School Child & Youth Counsellor
Charles R. Beaudoin Public School
905-749-3113 | email@example.com