Beginning school is a big step for children and parents/guardians, and the Halton District School Board (HDSB) wants to make that transition as smooth as possible. In October and November, the HDSB is hosting Calling All Three-Year Olds
Kindergarten Open Houses in Acton, Georgetown, Burlington, Milton and Oakville for families to learn more about making the first school experience a happy one.
Future students and their families are invited to attend any of the following Kindergarten Open Houses, to be held between 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.Acton: Tuesday, Oct. 17
– Robert Little Public School (41 School Ln.)Georgetown: Tuesday, Oct. 24
– Ethel Gardiner Public School (14365 Danby Rd.)Milton: Tuesday, Nov. 7
– Irma Coulson Public School (625 Sauve St.)Burlington: Tuesday, Nov. 14
– Alexander’s Public School (2223 Sutton Dr.)Oakville: Wednesday, Nov. 29
– Joshua Creek Public School (1450 Arrowhead Rd.)
At the Open House, students and parents/guardians will:
- Explore a Kindergarten classroom
- Learn more about play-based inquiry learning
- Pick up information, a free children's book and tote bag
- Access information from Community Partners in Halton
- Get information about before and after school care
- Connect with HDSB staff to learn about supports for students
Registration for Kindergarten begins in January 2024 and will be conducted in-person or virtually through the school the child will attend. Children born in 2020 can start Kindergarten in September 2024.
Parents/guardians with questions about the Calling all Three-year Olds Kindergarten Open Houses can visit the Kindergarten webpage
on the HDSB website (hdsb.ca
).HDSB 2020-2024 Multi-Year Plan
The 2020-2024 Multi-Year Plan
(MYP) that lays out five areas of focus, with the overall purpose of setting direction and prioritizing the collective actions of all stakeholders to ensure our efforts as an organization are aligned and coordinated to support the more than 65,000 students, 11,000 staff and the broader HDSB community.
Background resourcesKindergartenRegister My Child for School2020-2024 Multi-Year Plan