Lester B. Pearson High School's Integration Committee is seeking subcommittee members and volunteers to form two subcommittees in preparation of the school's closing in June 2018. Members of the subcommittees can be students, staff, parents, alumni or community members.
The first subcommittee is being created to assist in the identification, gathering and cataloguing of Lester B. Pearson High School artifacts and the development of a plan to honour memorabilia. Members of the second subcommittee will assist in the planning of closing ceremonies and community activities.
Tasks of subcommittee members and volunteers include, but are not limited to:
- Creating an inventory of artifacts and memorabilia items (e.g. banners, graduate composites, awards, etc.)
- Designing and dedicating space to display memorabilia in the community
- Liaising with the Burlington Historical Society and Burlington museums
- Development and planning of closing ceremonies and activities
- Developing a communication strategy and timelines
“Honouring artifacts and memorabilia from Lester B. Pearson High School and celebrating the history of the school is a priority for the Integration Committee, as well as current and former students and staff," says Terri Blackwell, Superintendent of Education for the Halton District School Board.
If you are interested in this opportunity, as a subcommittee member or volunteer, please complete the Expression of Interest form at https://goo.gl/forms/UEqxRwMpzguqPNFu2. This form will be available until Friday, December 1, 2017. The subcommittees will be formed prior to the first meeting on December 14, 2017.
For additional information, contact:
Terri Blackwell, Superintendent of Education
Halton District School Board
905-335-3663 Toll free: 1-877-618-3456