Since schools will be closed in July and the first three weeks in August, special summer registration times are scheduled to help parents/guardians get their children ready for school this September.
Schools in two of Halton's fast-growing communities will be open during the summer to register students. Registering at this time helps the Board prepare for the upcoming school year and provides children a chance to get comfortable in their new school. The locations are as follows:
• To register for all schools in Oakville, visit Oodenawi Public School (385 Sixteen Mile Drive, Oakville) July 30-Aug. 3 from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
• To register for all schools in Milton, visit Boyne Public School (1110 Farmstead Drive, Milton) July 19-20, 23-25 from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Bring the following original documents with you to register:
- Proof of address: any two of the following (current) documents – lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency.
- Proof of age: birth certificate, passport, or baptismal/faith record for your child.
- Proof of citizenship: birth certificate, passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Permanent Resident Card.
- Proof of immunization or philosophical or religious exemption forms (complete medical authorization where necessary).
- If you are not the child's parent, or if you have sole custody, please bring proof of custody (court order).
All school offices will re-open on Monday, August 20, 2018 for registration of elementary students new to the Halton District School Board. Find your home school here.
* Note: Newcomer Families (English is not a first language)
All Newcomer Families should contact the Welcome Centre to make an appointment to register for school, arrange for settlement services and language and math assessments. Information can be found at www.hdsb.ca by using the search word 'Newcomer'. The Welcome Centre is open July 2 - August 17, 2018 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (closed Fridays). Regular hours resume the week of August 20 (8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.). Please book an appointment by calling 905-335-3665, ext. 3440 or by email at email@example.com.
For more information, call 905-335-3663 or toll-free at 1-877-618-3456.
For additional information, contact:
Marnie Denton, Manager, Communication Services
Halton District School Board
905-335-3663 Toll free: 1-877-618-3456