Beginning school is a big step for children and parents, and the Halton District School Board wants to make that transition as smooth as possible. In October and November, the Board is hosting Calling All Three-Year Olds Kindergarten Open Houses in Acton, Georgetown, Burlington, Milton and Oakville for families to learn more about making the first school experience a happy one.
Future students and their families are invited to attend any of the following Kindergarten Open Houses, to be held between 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Acton: Thursday, Oct. 25, 2018 – McKenzie-Smith Bennett Public School (69 Acton Blvd.)
- Georgetown: Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018 – Ethel Gardiner Public School (14365 Danby Rd.)
- Burlington: Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018 – Alexander’s Public School (2223 Sutton Dr.)
- Milton: Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018 – P.L. Robertson Public School (840 Scott Blvd.)
- Oakville: Thursday, Nov. 29, 2018 – West Oak Public School (2071 Fourth Ln.)
At the Open House, students and parents will:
- Explore a Kindergarten classroom
- Learn about play-based learning
- Pick up information and resource material in a free backpack
- Access information about community agencies and resources in Halton
- Get information about before and after school care
- Connect with special education staff to discuss any developmental concerns
Registration for Kindergarten begins in January 2019 and takes place at the school your child will attend. Children born in 2015 can start Kindergarten in September 2019.
Parents with questions about the Calling all Three-year Olds Kindergarten Open Houses can visit www.hdsb.ca (Search: Kindergarten).
For additional information, contact:
Tina Salmini, Superintendent of Education
Halton District School Board
905-631-6120 | Toll-free 1-877-618-3456