The Halton District School Board is hosting several Pathways Information Evenings in January 2019 to allow Grade 7 - 12 students and families to explore program opportunities offered at high schools in Halton.
The Board offers more than 80 regional Pathways Programs designed to meet individual needs and help students succeed after high school, whether they are pursuing a pathway toward apprenticeship, college, community, university or the workplace. The Information Evenings help students to be better prepared for a rapidly changing world while receiving a relevant and engaging education.
All are welcome to attend and registration is not required. The meetings will be held at the following locations from 6 - 8 p.m.:
- Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019: Georgetown District High School (70 Guelph St, Georgetown)
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019: Garth Webb Secondary School (2820 Westoak Trails Blvd, Oakville)
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019: Milton District High School (396 Williams Ave., Milton)
- Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2019: M.M. Robinson High School (2425 Upper Middle Rd, Burlington)
Pathways Programs include the Specialist High Skills Major programs, Ontario Youth Apprenticeship programs, Specialty School to Career programs, the Employability Skills Certificate program, Dual Credit college programs, Grade 8 - 9 Transition programs, and more.
Agenda for Pathways Information Evenings:
- 6 - 6:30 p.m. - Pathways displays and meet the Pathways Program teachers
- 6:30 - 7:15 p.m. - Pathways presentation (programs and planning for post-secondary)
- 7:15 - 8 p.m. - Teacher displays and Elementary transition to high school workshop
For additional information, contact:
Julie Hunt Gibbons, Superintendent of Education
Halton District School Board
905-631-6120 |Toll free: 1-866-786-6120