The Halton District School Board will open a new secondary school in Milton in Fall 2021. The school will be located in southwest Milton at 1410 Bronte Street South. Students, families and community members are encouraged to submit suggestions
for the name of the new school between Jan. 7 - Feb. 5, 2021.
The Halton District School Board recognizes the significance of naming a new school as an opportunity to:
- reflect a positive and inspirational culture for students
- honour an individual whose contribution to society or humanity is recognized and valued across Canada
- celebrate a renowned person of historical significance to the Halton community
- recognize the geography, history, or culture of the community
- Suggestions will be accepted until Friday, Feb. 5, 2021.
Suggestions can be made:
- By completing the online form
- By fax -- 905-335-4447
- By mail -- Communications Dept., Halton District School Board, PO Box 5005 STN LCD 1, Burlington, ON L7R 3Z2
Each name that is submitted will be reviewed by a committee which will include parent/guardian representation. A shortlist of names will be prepared and presented to the Board of Trustees who will select the final name.
Trustees will select the final name at one of the regularly scheduled Board meetings in March 2021. The selected name for the school will be announced in a news release and posted on the Halton District School Board website at www.hdsb.ca
and social media.
For additional information, contact:
Marnie Denton, Manager, Communications & Engagement Dept.
Halton District School Board
905-335-3663 | Toll-free 1-877-618-3456