The Halton District School Board is now accepting registrations for Junior (Year 1) and Senior (Year 2) Kindergarten for September 2021. Families are advised to call their local elementary school to find out which dates have been established for Kindergarten registration in their area. Registration will be by appointment only (in-person and/or virtual). Parents/guardians are asked to register their child by Feb. 5, 2021.
Families should contact the HDSB Welcome Centre
to book an appointment if they hold a work permit and are registering their child with the HDSB for the first time, or if either the parent or child has a Study Permit/Visa, or the parent is a Permanent Resident applicant on visitor status.
Please have the following original documents when registering:
- Proof of address (any two of the following current documents): lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency
- Proof of age: birth certificate or passport or baptismal/faith record for your child
- Proof of citizenship: birth certificate or passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Permanent Resident card
- If you are not the child’s parent, or if you have sole custody, please bring proof of custody (court order).
To register to begin school in Fall 2021, Junior Kindergarten (Year 1) children must be four years old by Dec. 31, 2021, and Senior Kindergarten (Year 2) children must be five years old by Dec. 31, 2021.
To learn more about the Halton District School Board’s Kindergarten Program, visit the HDSB website at www.hdsb.ca
, future students can explore a Kindergarten classroom to see what their classroom will look like next September. There are videos to watch, pictures to view and fun activities for kids. Parents/guardians can learn about the Kindergarten program at the HDSB, play-based learning, community resources in Halton and before-and-after school care. Families can also sign-up to receive a welcome package from the HDSB including a free children’s book.
Parents/guardians who require language assistance
to register their child for school can contact the HDSB Welcome Centre
- For schools in Oakville - 905-335-3665 ext. 3438
- For schools in Burlington - 905-335-3665 ext. 3452
- For schools in Milton, Georgetown, Acton - 905-335-3665 ext. 3438
Parents/guardians who require accessibility accommodations to register their child for school can contact the Principal/Vice-principal of the school.
For additional information, contact:
Burlington schools - ext. 3452
Oakville schools - ext. 3438
Milton schools - ext. 3438
Halton Hills schools - ext. 3438
Halton District School Board
905-335-3663 | Toll-free 1-877-618-3456