The Halton District School Board (HDSB) is committed to providing the best educational opportunities possible for International Students.
In order to facilitate this, International Students, regardless of age, must participate according to the following conditions:
1. The student must obey the laws of Canada, the Province of Ontario and follow the rules, guidelines and policies of the HDSB and the school in which the student is enrolled.
2. The student must follow all specific school and Board regulations regarding attendance, course responsibilities and behaviour as they pertain to day school and continuing education programs (if applicable). The student must attend school on a daily basis. A written note from a custodian/parent or doctor should be submitted to the school when absent.
3. The student or custodian must contact The International Student Program and school if the student changes his/her Halton address and/or changes custodian.
4. The student must maintain a full-time timetable. In a semestered secondary school, this means 4 courses per semester.
5. The student’s reports on attendance, academics and emotional/psychological concerns can be shared with parents, custodian, school and Board personnel in order to provide the necessary guidance and assistance for student success.
6. The student and family acknowledge that based on the information in the application, the HDSB has the right to make educational decisions, including placement and program selections in the best interests of the student within the available resources.
7. The student and family understand and agree that inaccuracies in the application or failure to abide by the above conditions may result in immediate dismissal from the HDSB without refund of tuition fee. If it is determined by the HDSB that the student’s educational needs are greater than disclosed in the application, the HDSB can send the student home at the parent’s expense.