- Students who are not able to obtain a study permit from Immigration Canada.
- Students must submit letter of refusal/rejection.
- Students who withdraw their application prior to August 1.
- Students who withdraw their application after July 31.
- Students who withdraw from school at any point of the school year
- Students who do not follow the requirements outlined in the participation agreement and have been directed to withdraw from school
- Students who have changed their immigration status during the school year
- The Application Fee is non-refundable.
- All refunds are subject to a $600 Administration Fee
School Transfer Policy
Starting February 2018, HDSB requires all International students to remain at the same school until graduation. This new policy intends to increase student stability by eliminating further transitions and by supporting stronger relationship between students, school staff, and homestays. If students have concerns about their school, the International Student Program is happy to help find a solution without changing the school. As a result, no school transfers will be permitted.
Elementary Student Policy
All elementary students (including grade eight) must live with one of their parents (a mother or father). Failure to have a parent live with the student will result in the student being sent home.
Please contact us if you have any question about becoming an international student in Halton.
Halton District School Board
International Students Program
HDSB Welcome Centre
215 Ontario Street South
Tel: 905-335-3665, ext 3435
Toll free: 1-877-618-3456