1. We, the undersigned, do waive and release all claims against the HDSB for the injury, loss, damage, accident, delay or expense resulting from the applicant’s participation in the Halton International Student Program. We also release the HDSB and agree to indemnify it, with regard to any financial obligations or liabilities that the applicant may personally incur, or any damage or injury to the person or property of others that the applicant may cause while participating in the Halton International Student Program.
2. We understand that the HDSB is not responsible for any loss or injury suffered by the applicant during periods of travel and study. If to applicant becomes ill or incapacitated, the HDSB may take such action as it considers necessary, including securing medical treatment and transporting the applicant home at his/her own expense. We release the HDSB from all liability related to such actions. We understand that the applicant’s participation in the program may be terminated at the discretion of the Associate Director without any refund of tuition fee, and that the applicant may be sent home at his/her own expense if he/she does not adhere to the school or HDSB rules, standards and instructions as set forth in the school’s agenda, handbook and the Participation Agreement of the International Student Program. This agreement with the HDSB cannot be modified or interpreted except in writing by the Associate Director.
3. The student and the parent warrant that the student applicant has no history of criminal behaviour. Any disputes of legal nature must be resolved through the courts of Ontario.
4. We understand that placement in a school is subject to availability of space. The Halton District School Board reserves the right to determine final school and grade placement.
5. We fully understand the refund policy of the HDSB. We understand that the HDSB shall not be held liable for losses or expenses as a result of the Board being unable to provide education owing to labour disputes or other causes beyond its control.
Please contact us if you have any question about becoming an international student in Halton.
Halton District School Board
International Students Program
HDSB Welcome Centre
215 Ontario Street South
Tel: 905-335-3665, ext 3435
Toll free: 1-877-618-3456