Just moved in? Are you new to the neighbourhood?
Don’t wait until September to register your children for school.
Schools will be closed in July and August for the summer. However school offices will re-open on Monday, August 19, 2019 for registration of elementary students new to the Halton District School Board.
In our fast growing communities, two schools will open during the summer to register students. Registering at this time helps us prepare for the upcoming school year and provides your child(ren) more time to become familiar with their new school.
Register for all schools in Oakville at Palermo Public School (2561 Valleyridge Drive, Oakville, ON)
Monday August 12 - Friday August 16, 2019
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Register for all schools in Milton at Viola Desmond Public School (1450 Leger Way, Milton, ON)
Thursday July 11, Friday July 12,
Monday July 15, Tuesday July 16, and Wednesday July 17, 2019
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
For more information, phone: 905-335-3663 or Toll free: 1-877-618-3456
Bring the following original documents with you to register:
- Proof of address: any two of the following (current) documents – lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency.
- Proof of age: birth certificate, passport, or baptismal/faith record for your child.
- Proof of citizenship: birth certificate, passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Permanent Resident Card.
- Proof of immunization or philosophical or religious exemption forms (complete medical authorization where necessary).
- If you are not the child’s parent, or if you have sole custody, please bring proof of custody (court order).
Welcome Newcomer Families (English is not a first language)
All information about the Welcome Centre for newcomer families can be found on our Welcoming New/Returning Students and Families to Halton page.
The Welcome Centre is open in July and August. Please make an appointment by:
Phone: 905-335-3665 ext 3440
Hours of service for July 2 - August 15, 2019:
Phone/email and walk in reception Monday to Thursday 8:00am - 5:00pm (closed on Fridays)
Registration, assessment and settlement services available two days per week in July (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) and three days per week in August (Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays).
Note: Beginning August 19, 2019, full services available for registration, assessment, settlement, phone/email reception.