Frequently asked questions about the Home Notification System
1. What are the absence messages?
Answer: This system is used to send emails and telephone calls to parents indicating unexplained classroom absences. Please refer to Absence Student Reporting information or direct questions regarding attendance messages to your school.
2. I am not receiving emails from the school.
Answer: Your school may not have correct or current email addresses or phone numbers, you may not have subscribed our email address, or security settings maybe filtering these messages before they reach you. Contact your school if you are not receiving school and HDSB emails.
3. How do I update my email address or telephone number?
Answer: Please contact the school and provide them with your current information.
4. How do I subscribe or unsubscribe from the Home Notification System?
5. I am receiving emails and/or telephone calls but should not.
Answer: Call the school that issued the message, they will correct their information.
6. How often will I receive messages?
Answer: This varies from school to school.
7. What time of day will I receive messages?
Answer: Attendance calls and emails are issued in the morning for elementary and secondary late calls, in the evening for secondary attendance calls. INformational emails are generally issued at the end of the day. Urgent messages like a school closure are emailed and called out before the start of the school day. Inclement weather or bus cancellations affecting multiple or all schools are emailed only by central office beginning as early as 6:00 a.m.
For all other inquiries please contact your school.