Community input is an important part of the Program and Accommodation Review process. If you wish to share your feedback regarding the PAR underway, there are a number of ways for you to get involved:
- Participate in your local School Council meetings.
- [PARC membership established in Fall 2016] Express interest to join the Program and Accommodation Review Committee as a parent/guardian.
- [Completed in Fall 2016] Learn about the PAR by attending supplementary information sessions held at each school. Please see below for more information regarding the sessions held.
- [Completed in Fall 2016] Participate in the Board's live online Question & Answer Sessions. The video clip from the meeting as well as responses to questions asked are available in Frequently Asked Questions.
- [Completed in March 2017] Participate in public meetings held by the Board. The first public meeting occurred on Thursday, December 8, 2016 and additional public meetings are scheduled for February 28, 2017 and March 7, 2017. More information is available under Public Meetings.
- [Completed in March 2017] Provide feedback regarding the remaining options presented at Public Meeting #2 on February 28, 2017 and March 7, 2017 through the online survey. More information is available in Public Meetings.
- [Completed in March 2017] Share your input with your local school's parent/guardian representative on the Program and Accommodation Review Committee (PARC) by email. Email addresses are available on the PARC webpage.
- [Completed in March 2017] Attend to observe the PARC working meetings. Only members of the PARC can participate in the working meeting discussions.
- Contact your Trustee.
- [Completed in June 2017] Make a presentation to the Board of Trustees through a Public Delegation. Delegation nights are scheduled for May 8, 2017 and May 11, 2017.
If you have any questions regarding this Program and Accommodation Review, please send us an email at email@example.com. Responses to some questions are posted in Frequently Asked Questions. Please read Fair Notice Statement at the bottom of the page prior to sending an email.
Expression of Interest Form to join Program and Accommodation Review Committee (PARC)
The deadline for expressing interest in becoming a parent/guardian representative of the PARC was 9:00 am on Friday, November 18, 2016. A random selection process was used to select parent representatives. A full list of selected PARC members are available under Program and Accommodation Review Committee (PARC).
To supplement the PAR process, information sessions have been held by the Board to provide school communities with information regarding why the PAR was initiated.
Presentation from Information Session
Parents, students and community members who were unable to attend the Information Sessions, may view the powerpoint presentation and a video of the Aldershot High School Information session. All seven Information Sessions followed the same format.
More information regarding the supplementary information sessions and communication strategy are provided in Board Reports.
Fair Notice Statement
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2. and will be used to support and administer the Program Accommodation Review (PAR) process. Any information submitted as part of the PAR process may be made part of the public record in accordance with HDSB policy and in compliance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Questions about this collection and disclosure should be directed to: Scott Podrebarac, Superintendent of Education, Halton District School Board 905-335-3663 ext. 2215 or, toll free at 1-877-618-3456.