The Ontario Ministry of Health has revised case and contact management processes. We continue to follow the direction of the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education regarding case and contact management including:
- Confirmation of COVID-19 no longer requires a PCR or Rapid Antigen Test. Individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 are presumed to have COVID-19, whether or not this is confirmed by a Rapid Antigen/PCR test, unless they’ve tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days.
- Families will no longer receive communication from Halton Region Public Health or the HDSB regarding COVID-19 cases in schools.
- As of June 16, 2022, the HDSB COVID-19 Advisory will no longer report whether schools are closed or not due to operational (staffing) reasons. In the event that a school is closed for this reason, parents/guardians would also be notified by email.
- In the event of a case of COVID-19, class dismissals may no longer be required.
- Parents/students are not required to report a positive Rapid Antigen or PCR Test to the school.
- If school absence rates rise to approximately 30%, principals will notify Halton Region Public Health and families will be made aware.