COVID-19 vaccines are available for children aged 12-17 (and students beyond 17 years of age returning to secondary school in September). Appointment booking starts Monday, May 31 through Halton Region Public Health.
NEW - Monday, May 31, 2021
Please view this
letter from Dr. Hamidah Meghani, Medical Officer of Health (PDF), Halton Region, which clarifies who is eligible to book appointments as of May 31. This letter includes information on how students over the age of 17 who are returning to secondary school in September can book their vaccine appointment.
According to Health Canada, COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, and the best way to protect your child, family and community from COVID-19.
We encourage our families to review the following important information concerning the Youth Vaccine Program in Halton Region:
This information has been translated into the following languages:
العربية (Arabic) हिंदी (Hindi) ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi) 中文 (Simplified Chinese) Français (French) Español (Spanish) اردو (Urdu)
The following information is from the
Halton Region Public Health website
If you will need a disability related accommodation (e.g., American Sign Language interpretation, the use of an assistive device) at the clinic, please let Halton Region know as soon as possible after booking your appointment by calling 311 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wheelchairs are available at each of the clinic sites.
If you require support and are part of an
eligible priority population, you may also book your appointment by calling 311 or 1-866-442-5866 (toll-free). Please only call 311 if you require assistance to ensure those that need support have access.
- If you are able to, please drive yourself to the clinic or make arrangements for a ride from a family member or a support person. If you will be travelling to a clinic with someone from outside of your household, please review our
COVID-19 Public Health Guidelines: Car Travel for tips on how to travel safely (PDF file).
- To ensure that we can accommodate those that need it most, residents are encouraged to make their own arrangements where possible.
- If transportation is a barrier to getting to your appointment:
- call 311 to see if transportation assistance is available.
- you may be able to arrange a ride with one of the local taxi services listed below.
Important: If using a local transportation service provider,
you must provide your vaccination appointment Confirmation Number. This number was provided to you at the time of booking your appointment. You can use our
Verify your appointment tool to obtain your appointment Confirmation Number.
Please book transportation at least 48 hours in advance of your clinic appointment.
Language supports at the clinics