When registering your child for school in the Halton District School Board, print and fill out the Student Registration Form. Also, please read through the information below which will help guide you through the process.
Registering your child for Kindergarten
See also Kindergarten Page for more information
Junior (Year 1) Kindergarten
If your child will be 4 by December 31 of this calendar year, they can be registered for Junior (Year 1) Kindergarten at their home school.
Senior (Year 2) Kindergarten
If your child will be 5 by December 31 of this calendar year, they can be registered for Senior (Year 2) Kindergarten at their home school.
If your child is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, please contact the Immigration and the Visa Coordinator at the Welcome Centre at 905-335-3663 ext. 3435.
Mandatory information to bring when registering your child for school
- Proof of child’s age: birth certificate or passport or baptismal/faith record for your child
- Proof of address (any two of the following documents): lease or deed, car registration, utility bill, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency
- Proof of child’s citizenship: birth certificate or passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000)or Permanent Resident Card
- Proof of custody: if you are not the parent and your child is under 18 you must provide proof of custody (court order)
Also remember to:
- Call ahead to make an appointment with school office staff
- Bring copies of your child’s current school records
- Bring samples of your child’s work
- Bring any school reports (assists in school placements )
- Contact the Principal/Vice-principal if you require accessibility accommodations in order to register your child for school
What is my child’s home school?
Refer to information under “Find My Local School”
To register at schools that are currently under-construction, parents are reminded to register at their existing home school (refer to “Find my local school”).
Immunization schedule in Ontario
Verify your child’s immunization card
Student personal information is collected during registration and while attending school, pursuant to the Education Act. This information will be used for planning and programming, school to home communications, and to establish the Ontario Student Record, which contains information conducive to the improvement of instruction.
Questions about the information collected during registration and while attending school should be directed to Tim Sadai, Managing Information for Student Achievement (MISA) Leader for the Halton District School Board or your local Superintendent of Education.