The Halton District School Board supports the Ontario Ministry of Education's vision and goals for French as a Second Language (FSL) programs. All programs in the French as a Second Language curriculum at the elementary and secondary levels share a common vision.
Students will communicate and interact with growing confidence in French, one of Canada's official languages, while developing the knowledge, skills, and perspectives they need to participate fully as citizens in Canada and in the world.
In each French as a Second Language program (Core and Immersion), students realize the vision of the FSL curriculum as they strive to:
- use French to communicate and interact effectively in a variety of social settings
- learn about Canada, its two official languages, and other francophone cultures
- appreciate how connected and interdependent the global community is
- be responsible for their own learning as they work independently and in groups
- use effective language learning strategies
- become lifelong language learners for personal growth and for active participation as world citizens.
French as a Second Language (FSL) programs offered in the Halton District School Board:
- Core French
- French Immersion