The Google-based Halton Cloud provides tools and storage for each student and staff member of the Halton District School Board. Tools include word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing and forms. This tool will expa nd as other tools like Blogger and Youtube are added. Each student and staff member has access to the Halton Cloud using their computer login.
Google Chrome is strongly encouraged for use to access the Halton Cloud.
Benefits of Halton Cloud include:
- Availability at school or anywhere there is an internet connection
- No additional software, other than an internet browser, is required
- Sharing and collaboration of content including sharing with parents/guardians, students and staff
- Large electronic storage capacity.
- Privacy and security of the Halton Cloud
All users whose accounts end in @hdsb.ca are protected within the Halton Cloud by Google Apps for Education.