All Community use rentals in HDSB schools are cancelled until the end of September
The Ontario Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Health have announced all schools in Ontario will be closed in response to the emergence of COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) in the province. As a result, all community use rentals in HDSB schools are also cancelled until the end of September.
Community Use of Schools is an initiative by the Ministry of Education that supports affordable access to school space outside of school hours by not-for-profit community groups.
The Board's Rental Office coordinates the use of schools for community groups in conjunction with the local municipalities where the schools are located as established through the Municipal Reciprocal Agreement. Through this agreement, the Halton District School Board's Rental Office works with the local municipality to coordinate the use of school facilities for community groups.
If you are interested in renting one of our schools, your first step is to contact the local municipality. If, after contacting the local municipality you would like to rent one of our facilities, see below about 'How to Rent a Facility'. In order to ensure all community users have fair and equitable access to our schools, usage priorities have been established.
How to Rent a Facility
The Halton District School Board offers a user friendly online reservation process, with access to a listing of available facilities:
Create an account. If you're an existing user, login using your previously created account.
- Choose a facility that will suit your group's needs. The online reservation system provides access to school facilities across the Region of Halton such as gymnasiums, auditoriums and cafeterias.
- Once the Rentals Office has reviewed your application and it has been approved, a permit will be electronically issued.
During the school year, hours of availability are Monday to Friday 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For summer availability and hours of operation, please contact the the Board's Rental Booking Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
All users must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a valid email address to set up an online account.
- Register a valid Visa or Mastercard to cover applicable fees.
- Provide their valid Certificate of Liability Insurance with a minimum $2 million per occurrence. The Halton District School Board must be added as an “Additional Insured".
- Individuals who are not part of an organization may be able to purchase liability insurance through the HDSB (eg: a few people renting a gym to play basketball). The cost of the insurance will be added to your permit. Please contact the Rental Department for more information.
If you need further assistance, please contact the Rental Coordinator in your area:
- Burlington and Milton Rentals at 905-335-3665, Ext. 2214
- Oakville and Halton Hills Rentals at 905-335-3665, Ext. 3267
You can also email
email@example.com or visit our
Frequently Asked Questions webpage.