1. The Halton District School Board ('The Board') or its designate reserves the right to revoke this agreement and preclude the use of the facilities and/or equipment described herein. If the Board or School requires a facility, every effort will be made to give adequate cancellation notice.
2. The Board expects all organizations to abide by the Halton District School Board Code of Conduct.
3. Failure to comply with any conditions listed herein will automatically render the rental contract VOID.
4. The Board prohibits food and beverages in gymnasiums and auditoriums.
5. The Board prohibits alcoholic beverages in schools or on school property.
6. The Board prohibits smoking in schools or on school property.
7. The Board prohibits tables and chairs to be set up in hallways and gymnasiums. All aisles and exits must remain free from obstructions.
8. The Board prohibits the use of hard balls, bats, batting practice and pitching machines in gymnasiums. Special note: Prior to a baseball permit being granted the potential softball to be used must receive visual prior approval from the Regional Supervisor Plant Operations.
9. The organization, if not incorporated, acknowledges that its directors and organizers are personally responsible for the activities carried on by the organization.
10. The Board prohibits amusement devices unless registered and inspected by the Technical Standards and Safety Authority. The vendor of any device shall be licensed by the TSSA.
11. All customers will register an account on our online facility reservation system with a valid email address and a valid Visa or MasterCard.
12. Changes/additions to an issued rental contract may be made through the online system with 10 working days' notice. Amendments are subject to an administrative fee.
13. Issued rental contracts may be cancelled through the online system with 10 working days' notice. Associated administrative fees will be applied. Cancellations with less than 10 working days' notice will not be refunded or rescheduled.
14. Declined credit card payments are subject to a $25.00 fee and may jeopardize future rental requests.
15. Rental Contract Holder: Agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Board from all losses, claims, demands, costs, damages, suits of whatever nature or kind which may arise as a result of the use by the rental contract holder, its servants or agents, of the facilities rental contracted.
- Will provide proof of comprehensive liability insurance in the amount of at least Two Million Dollars ($2,000,000.00) per occurrence. Certificate of insurance and name/address of permit holder must be identical. The insurance policy must add The Halton District School Board as an Additional Insured.
- Will be more than 18 years of age.
- Will be responsible for and compensate the Board for any equipment losses and damage to the school premises and/or property caused or resulting during the period of use.
- Generally participants using gymnasiums are limited to approved sports activities and will wear footwear (running shoes) that will neither mark nor damage the floor.
- Floor Hockey and Ringette is limited to a select few gymnasiums in each municipality. The Board prohibits Lacrosse. Will ensure participants use a plastic or composite hockey stick and the blade to be covered with a sock or wrapped with cloth. Hardballs and ice hockey pucks are prohibited. Ringette sticks require a plastic tip.
- Will be responsible for any fee charged for a false fire alarm caused by any participant in the group.
- Will provide adequate adult supervision.
- Will be responsible for assigning someone to the door for late arriving participants. Doors are not to be propped open. Doors are generally unlocked 15 minutes before and locked 15 minutes after rental start time.
- Will review all fire alarm procedures prior to the occupancy of the building and will advise all its supervisory personnel and participants as to the proper procedures in the event that a fire or fire alarm occurs.
- Will be aware of the defibrillator's location on school property.
- Will review Asbestos Register and floor plans of the locations of asbestos or other hazardous materials with Head Custodian or designate.
- Will review the Drinking Water Regulation 243/07 Program binder with Head Custodian or designate to obtain the annual lead content test results and review the Board's water flushing practices.
- Will restrict activities to the room(s) and dates stated on the rental contract. Access to other areas of the school is prohibited. The building custodian is not authorized to permit the use of additional rooms or equipment not indicated on the permit.
- Will not exceed occupancy of facilities authorized for use on the date(s) specified.
- Will not bring, or retain on Board premises, any products or materials (i.e. pyrotechnics, smoke/fog machines) that may pose a fire risk or conflict with the regulations of the Fire or Public Health Departments.
- Will not operate, adjust or interfere with any electrical or mechanical devices.
- In the event that the Halton District School Board custodian or representative is a “no-show" the user group representative should call HARP SECURITY at 905-827-6655.