For more information about French as a Second Language programs in English-language school boards, including students with special needs and English language learners, refer to the information and resources posted on the Ontario Ministry of Education website.
In the Halton District School Board, we believe that every child is capable of learning French. There are six principles set out by the Ontario Ministry of Education that guide our work:
- French as a Second Language programs are for all students
- Teaching and learning French is recognized and valued
- French as a Second Language serves as a bridge between languages and cultures
- Learning French as a Second Language strengthens literacy skills
- Research informs decision-making, and
- Learning French as a Second Language is a lifelong journey