Important information regarding picking up Elementary (K-8) student belongings
Secondary students: for information about accessing student belongings at secondary schools, please contact your school principal.
HDSB Access to School- Protocol for Elementary Parents / Guardians
Parent / Guardian Responsibilities for Entering the School
- To be permitted to access the school you must:
- Be symptom free of respiratory illness
- Have not travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days from the date of entry to the school
- Have not cared for or had known contact with an individual with confirmed COVID-19 or COVID-19 like symptoms (fever, new cough, difficulty breathing).
If any of the conditions apply then you MUST NOT visit the school. You must follow the recommendation of public health authorities. You should also consider a personal
Please contact the Principal to make alternate arrangements if you are unable to access the school.
- Are over 70 years of age?
- Are you immunocompromised or do you have underlying health conditions?
- Are you responsible to provide care for elderly or immunocompromised people?
- Only one parent / guardian is permitted in the school, at the scheduled time slot and for the scheduled duration. Children are not permitted in the school at this time.
- When returning school resources, leave on the designated table / receptacle. Do not touch other items. If not returning to the Halton District School Board next year, the school-loaned device must be returned, if applicable.
- For Kindergarten - Grade 6: Students belongings will be gathered in a bag labelled with the student's name, located on a desk in the classroom. **Remember to bring the room numbers of your child(ren)’s homeroom class. And teacher names**
- For Grades 7 and 8:
- Please bring a bag from home in order to remove all items from the locker, with the exception of items belonging to the school.
- School property may be left in the locker. There will be no garbage receptacles available; please take locker contents and dispose of at home.
- Remember to bring your child’s locker number and lock combination with you. Staff will not be available to cut a lock during the access day.
- Visit the Homeroom classroom to collect a bag labelled with the student’s name with any personal belongings left in classrooms, as well as any year-end materials.
- Please sanitize your hands prior to arrival / entry.
- When you arrive, you should park your vehicle to allow at least 2 metres of distance between other vehicles.
- Enter and exit through the assigned entrance only and maintain a 2 metre physical distance from others. The Principal or designate will sign you in/out.
- While in the school:
- Avoid touching building fixtures (door handles, etc.) as much as possible.
- Cough / sneeze into your elbow and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid chatting with others and do not gather in any area of the school / property.
- Ensure you maintain a 2 metre physical distance from others at all times.
- Do not access washrooms or drinking fountains.
- Gather your children’s bags / items as quickly as possible.
- Do not touch the bags or belongings of other students.
- Do not stay beyond your scheduled time, as this will delay the entry of the next scheduled parent/guardian.
- Exit the building through the same doors as you entered to ensure you have been logged out as promptly as possible.