Meeting notes, presentations and other documentation will be posted on this webpage, when available.
Public Meeting #2 (Open House)
Public Meeting #2 was held at two locations in Burlington. The purpose of the meetings was to provide the opportunity for parent/guardians, students and community members to review and provide feedback on the remaining options for the Burlington Secondary Program Accommodation and Review (PAR) process. These public meetings were in an open house format with individual stations attended by staff members to answer questions about the remaining options.
After reviewing the options, the Board encouraged the community to provide input through an online survey, which was available through the Board website. This survey was available for two weeks starting Monday, February 27 until Monday, March 13 (ending at 4:30 p.m.).
Guide to the Public Meeting/Open House is available online. This guide also presents a textual summary of each of the remaining 6 options.
The same information was presented at both meetings.
Public Meeting Dates and Times
North Burlington Schools (North of QEW/Highway 403): Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Location: Dr. Frank J. Hayden Secondary School, 3040 Tim Dobbie Drive
Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
South Burlington Schools (South of QEW/Highway 403): Tuesday, March 7, 2017
(Note: This date has changed)
Location: New Street Education Centre, 3250 New Street
Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Status Quo (provided for reference only)
Change from Option 3b to 3c: Evergreen Community (ENG) moved from M.M. Robinson HS to Lester B. Pearson HS, based on suggested tweaks by the PARC at its February 16, 2017 working meeting.
Explanation of terms used in the Options are provided in
How to Read Options. When viewing options, you can zoom in using the zoom in/out buttons on your browser's PDF viewer or use the following keyboard shortcuts: "Ctrl" and "plus sign" to zoom in, "Ctrl" and "minus sign" to zoom out.
Parent/guardians, students and community members were provided the opportunity to feedback on the remaining six options through the online survey. The online survey is now closed.
- The survey was available Monday February 27 - Monday March 13 (until 4:30 pm).
- The order in which Options appeared in the online survey was random.
- All responses are anonymous.
- The survey could only be completed by using a desktop or laptop computer. It could not be completed on a tablet or mobile device.
Online Feedback Survey (Full Report)
Public Meeting #1: Thursday, December 8, 2016
New Street Education Centre, 3250 New Street
Time: 7:00 pm
The purpose of this meeting is to:
- Present an overview of the Program and Accommodation Review Committee (PARC) orientation session;
- The Director’s Preliminary Report with Recommended Option 19;
- Presentation of the School Information Profiles (SIPs); and,
- Gather individual input on the PARC framework, which is organized around the following four themes:
- Theme 1: Programming and Enrolment
- Theme 2: Physical state of existing schools
- Theme 3: Geographical and transportation issues
- Theme 4: Fiscal responsibility and future planning
A presentation from the Board was followed by a questionnaire divided into four 20-minute segments focusing on a distinct topic. Each attendee could offer input through use of an electronic ‘clicker’. Each segment concluded with a discussion.
|6:45 pm - 7:00 pm||Arrival and check in|
|7:00 pm||Opening remarks and explanation of the event|
|7:05 pm||Presentation by Chair of the PARC|
|7:15 pm - 8:15 pm||Electronic questions, and discussion based on themes|
|8:35 pm||Further discussion led by attendees|
|9:00 pm||Event concludes|
Presentation from Public Meeting #1
Raw data from consultation
Ipsos Public Consultation Report