School Name Approved
Boyne Public School is the approved name for SW Milton #9 ps.
Boundary Approved As Recommended
Director's Report (Report 15011) including the
preferred scenario (Scenario 12c) was received by the Board of Trustees February 4, 2015 for information and approved on February 18, 2015. A
home notification email was sent out on Monday, February 23.
The recommendation approved by the Board is as follows;
- Be it resolved that the Halton District School Board establish the school boundaries for the new Milton SW #9 public school and adjust the school boundaries for Anne J. MacArthur and Tiger Jeet Singh Public Schools as outlined in Scenario 12c in Report 15011, effective September 2015.
Preferred Scenario 12c – Grade Breakdown
Public Information Meeting
meeting was held on Tuesday, January 6, 2015 beginning at 7 p.m. at Milton District High School Theatre (396 Williams Ave, Milton).
The meeting provided an opportunity to share information about the boundary review process for the new elementary school in southwest Milton, review scenarios for the boundaries, and advice members of the public as to how to provide feedback. Impacted schools include Anne J. MacArthur PS, P.L. Robertson PS and Tiger Jeet Singh PS.
Scenarios presented at the Public Information Meeting include;
Scenario 4a, Scenario 12a, Scenario 12b and Scenario 14 and its
The BRC has had three successful meetings which focused on learning the process and providing input that reflects the community and the broader community.
The BRC has reviewed criteria for selection scenarios:
- Balance of overall enrolment in each school in the review area to maximize student access to programs, resources, and extra-curricular opportunities
- Continuity of placement and possible relocation of regional programs within the review area
- Expansion and placement of new ministry or board programs
- Viable numbers in a dual track school to support both English and French programs
- Proximity to schools (walking distances, safe school routes, natural boundaries)
- Accommodation of students in permanent school facilities and minimal use of portable classrooms
- Stable, long-term boundaries
- Cost effectiveness of transportation
- Fiscal responsibilities
- The grand parenting of students in the graduating class
- The number of school moves students have experienced
- Keeping cohorts together
- Other criteria recommended by committee or community members
In 2014 the Halton District School Board received Capital Priorities funding from the Ministry to construct a public school in southwest Milton to accommodate for the significant growth. The site is located on Farmstead Drive, south of Louis St Laurent Avenue.
October 15, 2014 Board meeting (Report 14142), HDSB Trustees approved a motion to initiate the process to establish a boundary for Milton SW #9 ps. The Boundary Review Process is now underway with a school opening anticipated for the 2015 school year.
Members of Milton's Supercouncil will act as representatives on the Boundary Review Committee.
Policies and Procedures
School Boundary Review procedure
Delegating the Board of Trustees
The Boundary Review Process began in October 2014, with Board approval. A public
Open House followed on November 4 at Milton District High School.
Boundary Review Committee Documents
FAQ and Additional Documents
To Reach Us
If you would like to submit a question or concern to board staff, please email
email@example.com or call (905)-335-3663.