Instructional expenditures total $608,003,421 or 78.28% of the Halton District School Board’s annual expenditures.
Included in this category are:
- classroom teachers
- occasional/supply teachers
- educational assistants
- early childhood educators
- classroom computers
- textbooks, learning materials, classroom supplies and equipment
- professionals, paraprofessionals and technicians
- library and guidance
- staff development
- coordinators and consultants
- principals and vice principals
- department heads
- school office – secretarial and supplies
- continuing education, summer school and international language
- Centre for Skills Development and Training
The amount of the Halton District School Board’s annual expenditures spent on administration totals $17,855,416 or 2.3% of the total.
This category includes expenditures such as:
director and supervisory officers
Board administration, including non-instructional operations, maintenance and capital
The Board spent $17,344,168 on transportation, or 2.23% of its annual expenditures. This includes pupil transportation to and from Halton District School Board schools as well as provincial schools.
Expenditures in this category total $106,751,948 or 13.74% of the Halton District School Board’s annual expenditures.
Included are expenditures for:
operations and maintenance (schools)
debenture interest and bridge financing of capital projects
annual amortization of Tangible Capital Assets
Expenditures in this category total $26,715,262 or 3.45% of the Halton District School Board’s annual expenditures, and include other non-operating expenditures, such as one-time Ministry funding for specific projects as well as School Generated Funds.