Highlights of the results from the 2016-2017 Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) were presented to Trustees at the September 20, 2017 Board meeting.
A video was created and shared on the Board’s website and social media platforms to assist stakeholders in understanding these results and to highlight the work of students and staff and plans for continued support of professional learning.
News releases of September 20, 2017:
Highlights of the 2016-2017 EQAO data include:
- Students in the Halton District School Board continued to demonstrate strong results for Grade 9 Academic Math and on the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT). For the OSSLT, there was an increase in the achievement gap for English Language Learners.
- Grade 3 Reading, Grade 6 Reading and Grade 6 Writing showed “best ever” results.
- Achievement in Applied Math continues to be a focus for improvement.
- Grade 6 Math results increased by one point but remain low.
- Results increased for Grade 3 and Grade 6 Reading and Writing for students with special education needs.
- Students in the Halton District School Board performed above the province in all assessments.