The Halton District School Board showcases its many initiatives, highlights and accomplishments in the Director’s Annual Report.
The Director’s Annual Report is an interactive report, with links to student achievement and success stories, enrolment and operational expenditures data, as well as a link to the Board’s Multi-Year Plan and Annual Operational Goals.
The Director’s Annual Report for 2014-15 features:
- Education Quality and Accountability Office (EQAO) results that show students continue to exceed the Grade 10 Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) provincial average.
- Success of the Board’s math strategy through the use of valuable professional learning tools like Number Talks and DreamBox adaptive learning technology
- Increased literacy support for teachers through Literacy Institutes and by supplying Leveled Literacy Intervention resources
- Various staff awards and recognition
- Improvements in technology in the classroom; more than 30,000 board-provided devices (desktops, laptops, tablets, iPads and Chromebooks) were available for student and staff use